2010-04-08

Window Management for Compulsive Neat-Freaks

On the Mac, I'm a bit of a SizeUp junkie - it becomes so much an intuitive part of your computing experience that its command keystrokes eventually get baked into your fingers' muscle memory. I bought a license, and after a few months of use, I couldn't even tell you what the key bindings are, my fingers just... know them.

Praise for Winsplit Revolution

As soon as I reach the office though (to sit down at a Windows XP workstation), I feel like my multi-monitor setup is messy and slow in comparison. This week's discovery of Winsplit Revolution changed all that, it's exactly what I wanted it to be - "SizeUp for Windows". Now my obsessive-neatness tendencies are catered to and I can setup beautiful grids of terminals, browsers, and editors.

I'm not really one of those compulsive tweakers and customizers who must absolutely change and configure every aspect of their graphical shell; I prefer when software just gets out of the way, lets me work and read, and doesn't obstruct my feeling of being in control of the machine. Windows itself, without keyboard shortcuts, makes you feel like you're interacting with a computer, not the apps themselves - the power of this kind of tool is that it gives you the illusion of apps reading your mind and moving to the right screen/edge/corner with a few twitches - the OS isn't standing in the way.

winsplit_grid

7 comments:

Jean said...

SizeUp a définitivement l'air utile, mais j'espère néanmoins qu'un jour arrive ou Mac héritera d'une option, officielle ou pas, pour faire l'équivalent de "Tile Windows" sous Win. Le site de ton programme parle de plusieurs options, mais pas celle ou toutes les fenêtres ouvertes sont équitablement disposées.

Ciao!

佩昭彥怡 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。......................................................

KarieS美航嘉雯 said...

變天了~~注意身體,別感冒囉!..................................................

PorshaCoghlan梁子珠 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................

SungR_Auclair0佳亦 said...

非常感謝~3Q~....................................................

ManualDoby08787 said...

免費成人電影線上觀看成人卡通貼圖區亞洲成人文成人dvd影城線上免費看成人卡通成人漫免費成人漫畫成人漫畫看成人熊貓成人網線上影片成人網線上觀看成人論壇依莉成人論壇線上觀賞百分百成人影片區百分百成人影院百分百貼圖區列表百分百貼?百分百影片區百成人影片網百姓貼片百姓影片百性下載百性成人色百性免費電影百性免費影片老二館百分百成人影片百分百成人電影百分百成人區成人賞片俱樂部小魔女自拍小魔女自拍天堂 tt1069同志交友網成人影片

韋于倫成 said...

Riches serve a wise man but command a fool.......................................................